50 BMG RIFLE REVIEWS
In our business at Arizona Ammunition, LLC.® we see and shoot nearly every kind of rifle on the planet. Our service and performance guarantee requires us to completely disassemble the rifle, inspect it, reassemble, and shoot for accuracy and top ammunition performance. We run each rifle through a real live test pushing it to its limit. We consider the manufacturers claims on performance and accuracy as we test the real performance, inter workings, and capabilities of the firearm and it accessories. We work cooperatively with all the manufactures to help them manitain and improve the performance of their big 50.
So how do we rank each brand and model of rifle? We look at the following;
7. Bottom metal; how it fits and looks
8. Safety function- easy or hard and location
9. Firing pin-clean and straight
10. Bolt lung contact percentage
11. Crown condition
12. Trigger pull and over all function
13. Recoil pad quality (if any)
THIS IS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION-PLEASE BEAR WITH US.
NOTICE-This a dangerous section and some manufactures of rifle may not like our rating of their product but it is sincere and we are exposed to nearly all the different kind of rifles made annually. You may disagreed with our rating based on experiences you yourself have had and we sure encourage you to contact us and advise us of those experiences.
This section is always under review and will change as we gain more information. Please check often. Also know that our performance standards are very very high often far above the manufactures guarantee (if any). Our opinion is only on rifles we have actually fired too so you may not find a rating on a rifle you are looking for because we have not tested one yet. With current changes in the industry we have to list some rifles in an older version and newer version. We hope this does not confuse you. Additionally you may have had a different experience than we had had on a particular rifle too. Generally we like to have tested at least 5 rifles of a particular brand before we provide a rating.
We use a 1 through 5 rating with 5 being the best. If something specific is important we will note it.
3. Accuracy International
7. Bluegrass Armory
8. Bochis Mark III AR-15
10. Christensen Arms
12. Desert Tactical
14. E.D.M Rifles
19. K&P Rifles
20. L.A.R. Grizzly
29. Safe Harbor
29. State Arms
33. VIGILANCE RIFLES
37. ZEL CUSTOM
or by email at
LINKS TO 50 BMG RIFLE MANUFACTURES- THIS IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT TO ANY ONE MANUFACTURER OVER ANOTHER- JUST A LINK FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE. Just click These links are courtesy of Wikipedia!
- Accuracy International AS50
- Accuracy International AW50
- Accuracy International AX50
- Anzio Iron Works Anzio-50
- Armalite AR-50
- Arms Tech Ltd. TTR-50
- Barrett M82/M107
- Barrett M95
- Barrett M99
- Bluegrass Armory Viper
- Bohica MK III AR-15 Upper*
- Bushmaster BA50
- Desert Tactical Arms HTI
- East Ridge / State Arms Gun Co. Inc.
- EDM Arms Windrunner
- Gepard anti-materiel rifle
- L.A.R. Manufacturing, Inc. Grizzly Big Boar
- McMillan Tac-50
- OM 50 Nemesis
- POLY-Technologies M99-II and M99B-II
- PGM Hecate II
- Pindad SPR-2 and Pindad SPR-3
- Ramo M600 and M650
- Robar RC-50
- Safety Harbor Firearms SHF/R50
- Serbu Firearms BFG-50 (single shot bolt action) and BFG-50A (semi-automatic)
- Spider Firearms Ferret 50
- Steyr HS .50
- TGR Co. LLC $1599 Noreen 50 BMG
- Ultralite50/Ligamec Corp.
- Vigilance Rifles Inc. M14 (semi-automatic)
- Vulcan Armament V50
- WKW Wilk
- Zastava M93 Black Arrow
- Zel Custom Manufacturing/Tactilite
or by email at